How to Find Your Mac Address
In order to hook up your gaming system to the Wi-Fi, you will have to register your device’s MAC address in order to completely set up your system. To do this, you will want to look on the Nebraska Wesleyan Website for a place to register your new device under the Wi-fi Media Access page. However, if you do not wish to waste time looking around, you can always click here, and it will bring you to the place you need to go. For more instructions on how to connect your device to the Wi-Fi click here.
Once there, you will be able to enter your MAC address, and get started by following the instructions on the screen. However, a MAC address can be hard to find on certain devices, and if you are a new owner of a system, you may be unfamiliar with the different settings that come with the device. However, don’t worry, by following the instructions below for your appropriate system, you should be gaming and streaming in no-time.
Please note: It can take up to two to four hours for a device to register, so please take this into account when registering a device.
The Nintendo Switch
1. To find the MAC address on a switch, first go to the Settings from the main home screen.
2. Once in System Settings, navigate to Internet, and then find the System MAC Address. Which is located directly under Connection Status.
3. However, sometimes, when the Switch is not connected to the Wi-Fi, the Connection Status page won’t show up. If this is the case, navigate to Internet Settings from the page you were previously on, scroll to the bottom and underneath Manual Setup you will find the System MAC Address.
1. From the main menu, go to Settings.
2. Then in the General tab, you will want to go to Network Settings.
3. Once you are in Network Settings, in the bottom right, select Advanced Settings.
4. Now, you have reached the place you need to go. On the right-hand side of the Advanced Settings page, toward the bottom, the MAC Address you need is listed next to Wireless MAC.
1. To find the MAC Address for a Playstation, there are two different methods. Both of which however, begin by going to Settings.
1. The first option sends you from Settings to Network.
2. Once in Network, you will want to scroll down to View Connection Status, which should be the last option on the screen.
3. Under this new screen you will be able to find the MAC Address you need listed next to MAC Address (Wi-Fi).
1. Instead of going to Network like in the first option, go to System. This page is located further down in the Settings menu, and you may have to scroll a little further down to see it.
2. Once in System you will want to navigate to System Information.
3. Once there you can find the MAC Address you need by looking next to MAC Address (Wi-Fi). Here, you can also find other helpful information such as the name of your device, and more!
Now that you can find your MAC Address, you should be able to stream, watch movies, and play video games on whatever console or device you want. If you are unsure on how to enter your device’s information to our system, you can click here for more instructions on our website, or here which will bring you directly to the place where you enter your information. As always, if our website instructions were not clear enough, don’t hesitate to call us at 402-465-7777, or visit us in person in Smith Curtis 109.
Office Hours: 9 A.M. - 6 P.M.
Student On-Call Hours: 8 A.M. - 10 P.M.
Office Phone: 402-465-7777
Office: Smith Curtis 109